Here’s your opportunity to speak up or speak out about Biblical Creation!
Creation Study Group wants you to write about Biblical Creation
If you have a passion for writing, or just would like to try, and either know a lot or a little about young-earth creation, this is a great opportunity. CSG is sponsoring a writing contest with great prizes for great articles that discuss the Biblical view of creation. The Grand Prize in each age category is a set of two books: Walt Brown’s In the Beginning, and Jonathan Sarfati’s Refuting Compromise.
How do I Participate?
|Submit an Article to be Published||Help Get the Word Out|
Of your choosing. However, it must clearly defend or discuss the importance of a Biblical view of Genesis (sometimes called a “Young-Earth View”). No articles will be accepted that contradict the statement of beliefs of CSG.
All submissions will be via electronic media. You must submit your article in either MS Word format, or text format with html coding. Be sure to include pictures! Articles with pictures will be given a greater chance of winning.
- Don’t copy someone else’s work. We only want your original writing. Of course you can quote and reference other writers. But, if you do so, be sure to give them the proper credit for their words. That means you must include some type of footnote or endnote in your article that gives a link or reference to the other person.
- All pictures and artwork must be properly identified and referenced. Any graphic work or picture that isn’t your original work must have a proper acknowledgement and attribution to the creator of that original work. You must include this information with your submission.
- All submissions are consent of permission to use. By making a submission to this contest, you are giving Creation Study Group permission to post your work (pictures, graphic work, text) on our website and Facebook page, as well as other social media outlets.
- Length – that’s up to you, and part of good writing skills. Whatever you write should be long enough to accomplish your goal of communicating the topic you’ve chosen, while short enough to not lose the reader. Remember, this isn’t a technical paper in a referred journal. What you write should be targeted to the average person. Not too long or you’ll risk “tiring out” your reader.
Your article will be placed in the category the most closely matches your age. Please identify the group of the submitter:
- Grade School (third thru sixth)
- Junior High (seventh thru ninth)
- High School (tenth thru twelfth)
- Adults (college/professional)
Also include with your submission the home church (Name of church, Pastor’s Name, Address of church) of the author (submitter).
All participants who have their writing published on the CSG web page will receive a certificate of appreciation and accomplishment.
First prize in the Adult/High School/Junior High class is a copy of Walt Brown’s book In the Beginning, along with a copy of Jonathan Sarfati’s book Refuting Compromise, along with a certificate of award.
First prize in the Grade School group is a copy of books suitable for that age and interest, along with a certificate of award.